1. There are a number of organisations providing web-based, telephone and face-to-face advice and information to businesses in Northern Ireland.
2. A general web-based information service is provided NIBusinessInfo.co.uk. The service offers a range of advice on a wide number of generic business issues ranging from skills and training to business planning and sales and marketing. It also has sector specific information.
3. Employers can register as members and receive regular information and updates.
4. The main point of access is via the web http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk or by telephone on 0800 181 4422.
5. Employers can receive a sector specific report detailing regulations, licensing, and standards applicable to the sector. The report is available at http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/bdotg/action/layer?site=191&topicId=1081597476
6. Employers can also receive advice and support from Enterprise NI who help businesses with start up and business development activity.
7. Access to a Business Adviser may be available through Enterprise NI. Some funding is also available (depending on eligibility criteria) to support business start up and business development.
8. Enterprise NI is accessed via http://www.enterpriseni.com
9. Invest Northern Ireland also provide information and support to businesses under their Go For It programme and their Growth Programme. These programmes support business at start up and growth stages. Go For It is aimed at individuals and Growth Programme at businesses.
10. The Growth Programme is specifically aimed at businesses that have potential to increase production, workforce or sales and have reached a specific VAT turnover level. Details are available at http://www.growthni.co.uk/overview.aspx
11. Further information on the programmes and other support from Invest Northern Ireland can be accesses at http://www.investni.com
12. Organisations seeking advice and support on management and leadership can speak to specialist advisers in the management development branch of the Department of Employment and Learning. The main entry point for this service is via telephone on 028 9044 1785.