Diplomas are part of one of the largest shake up in education since the introduction of GCSEs and A Levels. They will provide a unique opportunity to broaden existing provision in retail-related offers within 14-19 education.
The Diploma in Retail Business will be an integrated programme for 14 to 19 year olds that uniquely packages sector-related technical skills and broad academic knowledge around the central development of employability skills. This combined with opportunities for applied and employer-based learning, will ensure that the Diploma is a credible, valuable and exciting alternative to current school provision that supports progression to employment within a broad range of sectors and/or further and higher education.
Who is the Diploma in Retail Business for?
The Diploma in Retail Business is for all 14 to 19 year old students with a range of abilities who want access to an applied and relevant learning programme whilst gaining a broad understanding of the retail sector. Its design will be flexible enough to enable learners to tailor their individual programme of learning through specialist complementary study. The Diploma will be offered at Foundation (Level 1) Higher (Level 2) and Advanced (Level 3).
The Diploma will benefit automotive retail employers by producing:
- A new generation of recruits with high levels of numeracy, literacy,
communication and people skills
- Young people who already understand every aspect of retail from supply chain to sales
- Employees who can add to a business success from the day they start work
- Potential leaders and managers of the future for a business
This will directly affect automotive retail business results because it will:
- Reduce recruitment costs
- Reduce start-up training costs
- Cut staff turnover
- Increase the reputation of a business in the community
- Boost the image of retail as an exciting, rewarding career of choice
For more information, please visit http://www.diplomainretailbusiness.com